ESP Safety’s Model IPES-UV Flame Detector is optimally suited for use in detecting fires of metal and pyrophoric materials. It is also ideally suited for areas where modulated infrared radiation may be
present, such as hot spots on rotating electrical equipment.
IPES-UV’s advanced detection technology ensures rapid flame recognition and alarm signaling. The device is configured for sensitivity in the UV range of 180 to 250 nanometers, making the sensor
“blind” to sunlight and radiation from heated objects but still able to “see” the UV radiation emitted by a flame. On detection, it transfers alarm signals to receiving control devices in control and operations rooms and to fire alarms and burglar/fire alarm systems.
Since the IPES-UV uses UV detection, it is unaffected by visible and infrared light sources, including sunlight, within its 90 degree field of view. In addition, it is not effected by gases that absorb infrared radiation which reduce the intensity of the signal.
While operating, the IPES-UV generates detector-status information via:
- A standard RS-485 communication channel under protocol Modbus RTU
- 4-20 mA analog output
- Relay outputs
The IPES-UV is constructed in an explosion-proof housing for use in hazardous (classified) locations.
The type of protection is “Explosion-proof,” Class I, Division 1, Group B, C & D, and T4.
Features and benefits
- Drilling and production platforms
- Shipping tankers, freighters, and other vessels
- Fuel loading facilities
- Refineries, bulk terminals, and tank farms
- LNG/LPG processing and storage facilities
- Compressor stations and pipeline facilities
- Petrochemical, paint, and fertilizer plants
- Power plants and gas turbine facilities
- Transportation facilities (airports and subways)
- Oil and gas fired boilers / furnaces
- Aircraft hangars
- Power consumption of <3W means low power costs, protection against surges
- Digital, analog and relay outputs provide reliable status information across a range of communication formats
- Automatic and manual self-tests ensure system integrity and
- Continuous monitoring of the optical path for obstruction or reduced transmission affords maximum reliability
- Industry standard for remote alarm and fault indication
- UV sensor configuration (peak sensivity at 180 and 250 nm wavelengths) is ideal for hydrogen and metal fire detection
- Color status LED
- Explosion-proof package allows for hazardous environment operation