Manual fire alarm stations for general purpose applications:
Operation types include:
- Operation complies with ADA requirements
- Pull lever protrudes when alarmed
- Break-rod is supplied, use is optional
- Screw terminals for wiring connections
- Tamper resistant reset key lock (keyed same as Simplex fire alarm cabinets)
Multiple mounting options:
- Single action
- Double Action, Breakglass or Push Type
- Institutional Model, key operated only
- Optional NO GRIP Single Action Retrofit Kits are available with a more easily operated pull lever for applications where anticipated users may find the standard station lever difficult to activate
- Optional Local Alarm cover
- Optional pre-signal and annunciator contacts
UL listed to Standard 38
- Surface or semi-flush with standard boxes or matching Simplex boxes
- Flush mount adapter kit
Activation of the Simplex single action manual stations requires a
firm downward pull to activate the alarm switch. Completing the action
breaks an internal plastic break-rod which is visible below the pull lever,
use is optional. The use of a break-rod can be a deterrent to vandalism
without interfering with the minimum pull requirements needed for easy
activation. The pull lever latches into the alarm position and remains
extended out of the housing to provide a visible indication.
Double Action Stations (Breakglass) require the operator to strike
the front mounted hammer to break the glass and expose the recessed
pull lever. The pull lever then operates as a single action station.
Double Action Stations (Push Type) require that a spring loaded
interference plate, which is marked PUSH, be pushed back to access the
pull lever of the single action station.
Station reset requires the use of a key to reset the manual station lever
and deactivate the alarm switch. If the break-rod is used, it must be
Station testing is performed by physical activation of the pull lever.
Electrical testing can be also performed by unlocking the station housing
to activate the alarm switch.
Institutional Stations activate by key operation only allowing access
for manual alarms to be initiated by authorized personnel. Operation
requires key insertion and opening of the station cover.
Single Action Station NO GRIP Retrofit Kit 4099-9805. For
applications such as California Building Code, Title 24, which requires
"Controls and operating mechanisms shall be operable with one hand
and shall not require tight grasping, pinching or twisting of the wrist" the
model 4099-9805 Retrofit kit provides a more easily operated pull lever
compared to standard stations.
Pre-Signal Option activates when the lever is pulled. General alarm
initiation requires a key to activate a keyswitch located behind the pull
Station Reset requires the use of a key to reset the manual station
lever and deactivate the alarm switch. If the break-rod is used, it must be
Testing requires physical activation of the pull lever, except for