Proven and Reliable Sensor Technology
- Flammable (catalytic or infrared), toxic and oxygen versions available
- New and retrofit applications
- Suitable for indoor or outdoor use
- Stainless steel or aluminium explosion-proof housing options
- IP66 as standard
- SurecellTM electrochemical sensors
- Reflex® sensor health check
- Poison immune infrared sensors
- Poison resistant catalytic bead sensors
- Long life sensors
Easy to Use
- US and Latin America, European, Canadian and Asian
- Compliant with UL, INMETRO, ATEX, IECEx, CSA, KTL, PA, GB and CCCF standards
- User friendly and intuitive tri-colour backlit display with digits, bar graph and icons
- Fully configurable via magnetic switches
- Selectable sink or source 4-20mA output
- Auto-inhibit during maintenance
- MODBUS communications for remote diagnostics/configuration
- Common transmitter platform
- Minimal training required
- Reduced spares
- Non-intrusive, one-man operation
- Plug-in sensor replacement
- MODBUS multi drop option offers cabling savings
Range of Optional Accessories
- Plug-in display module removes to give access to terminal area
- Integral mounting bracket
- 2 x M20 or 3⁄4” NPT cable/conduit entries (certification dependent)
- Removable plug/socket type terminal blocks for ease of wiring
- Sink/source switch to suit preferred wiring topology
- Remote sensor gassing kit
- Duct mounting kit
- Calibration gas flow housing
- Collecting cone
The Sensepoint XCD range provides comprehensive monitoring of flammable, toxic and Oxygen gas hazards in potentially explosive atmospheres, both indoors and outdoors. Users can modify detector operation using the LCD and magnet switches without ever needing to open the unit. This enables one-man, non-intrusive operation and reduces routine maintenance time and costs
Sensepoint XCD ensures easy installation and the fastest routine operation by removing the need for hot work permits in hazardous areas. Using easy to replace plug-in sensors, downtime is also reduced and on-going costs are minimized through the use of poison resistant flammable sensors, poison immune infrared Hydrocarbon sensors and patented SurecellTM toxic sensors and Reflex® sensor health check.
All detectors are supplied pre-configured and include 2 programmable alarm relays, 1 programmable fault relay as well as an industry standard 4-20mA output (sink or source selectable) and Modbus.
A tri-color backlit LCD clearly indicates the unit’s status at a glance, even from a distance. A steady green backlight indicates normal operation, flashing yellow indicates fault and flashing red indicates an alarm.
The scale, range, relay operation, alarm set point and electronic tag number of the detector can be adjusted using the transmitter's LCD and non-intrusive magnetic switches. Outputs are automatically inhibited during adjustment, thereby reducing the risk of false alarm at the control panel during maintenance.
Sensepoint XCD has an integral mounting plate for surface mounting or can be mounted to a horizontal or vertical pipe using the optional pipe mounting bracket. Electrical installation can be made using either conduit or cable with suitable mechanical protection. Two M20 or 3⁄4”NPT entries are provided (depending on certification). A weatherproof cap is also included for use in the harshest outdoor conditions. Other optional accessories include a sunshade/deluge protection, duct mounting kit and collecting cone.
- Industrial manufacturing facilities
- Power plants
- Waste water facilities
- Food and beverage production
- Refineries and chemical plants
- Onshore oil and gas terminals
- Production platforms
- Exploration and drilling
2 Display module
4 Blanking plug
6 Plug-in XCD sensor
7 Sensor retaining ring
8 Integral mounting plate
9 Weather protection assembly
10 Cable/conduit entry (x2)
11 Certification label
There are three different types of the XCD transmitter for use with three different families of sensors.
The mV type transmitter is for use with the mV family of XCD sensors including catalytic sensors to detect flammable gases in the range 0-100%LEL and infrared (IR) sensors for detection of Hydrocarbon gases in the range 0-100%LEL, as well as Carbon Dioxide (CO2) in the range 0-2%Vol.
The EC type transmitter is for use with the EC family of XCD sensors including Carbon Monoxide (CO), Hydrogen Sulfide, (H2S), Hydrogen (H2) and Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2).
The Oxygen transmitter is for use with the Oxygen (O2) XCD sensors.
A transmitter can auto-recognize any sensor from within its sensor family. The sensor simply plugs into the bottom of the transmitter and the transmitter automatically configures itself accordingly.
Sensepoint XCD uses three instantly recognizable ‘traffic light’ colors to indicate its status. The large tri-color backlit LCD is steady green to indicate normal operation, flashes yellow to indicate a fault/warning and flashes red to indicate an alarm. This allows anyone in the area to clearly see at a glance the status of any detector. This can be particularly useful to identify detector status if the detector is located in a difficult to access area or if a number of detectors are located in the same area.