Hassle free safety:
THE DETECTOR HEAD
- Simple to use and install
- Shock & vibration resistant
- No sensor replacement
- Low power consumption
- Immune to poisoning
- Checks itself every second
- Plain English displays
The GazTell IR detector head
can be used alone or with the
- The small size (5"L x 2"W)
makes it easy to place in
inconspicuous or difficult to reach
- User-friendly, alpha-numeric
LED display with plain English,
understandable instructions and
- Low maintenance and low cost
of ownership. Zero calibration
required infrequently. Span
calibration may never be required
after start-up. The detector head
monitors drift and will display
C ALIBRATION N EEDED if the drift is over 5% LEL. The
detector head records and will display the last time
it was calibrated.
- Connects directly to conduit eliminating the need
for expensive and bulky junction boxes.
- Smart Sensor saves operator time and money.
The sensor knows when calibration is required,
when it was last calibrated, how long it has been in
service, zero drift, high and low temperature,
the highest gas
reading since the last calibration, when the optics
are dirty and many more. It checks itself and its
vital functions every second.
- No need to heat optics, even at -40 oC, so power
consumption is very low. Even at its maximum power
consumption (with the display at its brightest), the
detector head uses only 65mA @ 24VDC.
External Relay Module
- Set alarm levels without software, using simple
- The module can be placed anywhere relays are
- Flexible design allows the relays to be placed
next to the functions they operate.
- The relay module uses hefty 6 amp@120 volt
relays for Fail, High and Low Alarm, so auxiliary
relays are often not needed. Alarm relays can be
set to be latching or non-latching, energized or
de-energized, normally open or closed. Even a
5 second alarm delay can be turned on to avoid
- Relays operate from
-40 oF to 167 oF
(-40 oC to +75 oC).
External Display Module
The EXMO is a problem solver—it communicates
directly with the detector head and mimics its
display. If the detector head is located remotely
high or low, or in a difficult to calibrate place,
locating the EXMO in an accessible position gives
immediate access to the detector head’s sensor.
It sees everything the detector head sees. It gives
control via bi-directional RS-485.
Remote calibration has never been so easy.
The small extension module has the same plain
English displays and color coded operation as the
remotely placed detector head.
- Check the sensor before entering a dangerous area.
- Take the sensor online or offline
- Cancel calibration