Detcon Model TP-624D is a “Smart” gas detection sensor designed
to detect and monitor H2S in air over the range of 0-100 ppm using
a proprietary solid state metal oxide semiconductor technology. This
innovative design offers several advantages including longer sensor life
and better temperature and humidity performance.
Model TP-624D features Detcon’s MicroSafeTM intelligent electronics,
non-intrusive operator interface and comprehensive fault diagnostics.
The sensor transmitter features an advanced universal design that fits
all existing Detcon MOS H2S sensors dating back more than 20 years.
The sensor assembly includes a MOS detector in stainless steel housing, a base connector board, an explosion proof enclosure (available in
aluminum or stainless steel), a plug-in control transmitter circuit, and
a splashguard with integral cal port. The packaging is Explosion Proof
(Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, D).
Model TP-624D is equiped with a standard analog 4-20 mA current
signal equivalent to the sensor range of detection, RS-485 serial
communications port, 3 alarm relays, one-man remote calibration,
self-adjusting zero and span, and LED indicators for fault, alarm, and
calibration status. Detcon’s solid state MOS sensor is supported by an
industry leading 10-year conditional warranty.
- cCSAus approved for Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, & D
- Transmitter design fits all existing Detcon MOS H2S sensors dating back 20 years
- Compatible with PLCs, SCADA, DCS, via 0-20 mA, and /or RS-485, and/ or alarm relays
- Sensor status ad parameters accessible via RS-485 (Modbus)
- Menu programmable relays standard (two alarms plus fault)
- Simple menu driven calibration- less than 3 minutes
- LED display and LED indicators for FAULT and CAL ststus
- Plug-in field-replaceable transmitter
- Response similar to electrochemical sensor:T50 <30sec., T80 <60 sec.
- 10 year conditional sensor warranty
- Direct response constant temperature control
- Withstands exposure to high range concentrations of H2S and other acid gases
- Impervious to high moisture environments in both powered and non-powered mode
- Extensive Fault diagnostics
- Oil and Gas Drilling Rigs
- Oil and Gas Production Sites
- Refining and Petrochemical
- Pulp and Paper Mills
- Waste Water Treatment Plants