- Highly reliable infrared sensing technology
- High speed response for critical applications (T50 less than 10 sec)
- Five year warranty; virtually maintenance free
- Immune to poisoning and etching by common solvents & gases
- Rugged stainless steel construction with no moving parts
- Available with extended length optical path for higher sensitivity
- Heated optical chamber maintains accuracy in cold conditions
- Operates in constant hydrocarbon and anaerobic atmosphers
- Ten discrete fault indication values for all failure states
- Straight line optical path eliminates need for mirrors
- Managed power-up delay reduces initial load on power supply
- Industry standard 4-20mA current loop calibrated output
- IECEx Certified for Class I Zone 1, Group IIC
- CSA Certified C22.2 No. 152-1984 Performance Tested
- Manufactured in USA
The GDS-IR2 Infrared Gas Sensor uses
proven, reliable infrared sensing technology to detect dangerous levels of carbon
dioxide or explosive levels of methane,
propane and other hydrocarbons. The
GDS-IR2 sensor is CSA certified for use
in Class 1 Division 1 explosive environments and is CSA performance tested.
Advanced Infrared Technology
The GDS-IR2 infrared combustible gas
sensor offers low total cost of ownership
and a seventeen-year MTBF rating. Designed for especially harsh environments,
the GDS-IR2 is virtually maintenance-free
and immune to poisoning or etching by
any known gas. The sensor element fea-
tures a self-compensating optical bench,
heated optical chamber and fault indication for all failure modes. The optical path
can be easily opened for cleaning.
No periodic span calibrations are required.
On initial setup and after each cleaning,
a simple ‘auto zero’ procedure is used to
establish proper operating conditions.
The GDS-IR2 can be calibrated to read a
wide range of combustible hydrocarbons,
including methane, propane, hexane,
pentane, ethanol, Jet-A, isobutane,
propylene and isoproply alcohol, as well
as carbon dioxide to 5% by volume.
GDS-IR2 sensors are factory programmed
and calibrated when shipped and can be
field programmed for alternate response
curves. Both LEL and % by volume
ranges are available.
GASMAX + GDS-IR2 Combo
When combined with the GASMAX
II or GASMAX CX monitor, the duo
provides local display, 4-20mA output
with diagnostics, optional second
electrochemical sensor, isolated 4-20mA
outputs or MODBUS slave interface with
programmable relays. The GASMAX CX
also provides dual serial MODBUS and an
Ethernet interface with built-in web server
and MODBUS/TCP database.
The GDS-IR2 is manufactured in the
USA and includes a five year operational
warranty. Applications include refineries,
onshore and offshore drilling platforms,
fuel loading docks, biogas processing,
breweries, wastewater treatment facilities
and natural gas storage and distribution.