Detcon Model FP-524D is a “Smart” gas detection sensor designed to detect and monitor combustible gas in air over the range of 0-100% LEL (lower explosive limit) using matched-pair catalytic bead technology.
Model FP-524D features Detcon's MicroSafeTM intelligent electronics, non-intrusive operator interface and comprehensive fault diagnostics. The sensor transmitter features an advanced universal design that fits all existing Detcon matched-pair catalytic bead sensors dating back more than 20 years. The sensor assembly includes the detector in stainless steel housing, a base connector board,
an explosion proof enclosure (available in aluminum or stainless steel), a plug-in control transmitter circuit, and a splashguard with integral cal port. The packaging is Explosion Proof (Class I, Div. 1 Groups B, C, D).
Model FP-524D is equipped with a standard analog 4-20 mA current signal equivalent to the sensor range of detection, one-man remote calibration, self-adjusting zero and span, and LED indicators for fault and calibration status.
A HART communications option is also available. Detcon’s combustible gas sensor has an infinite shelf life and is supported by a 2-year warranty
Failsafe User-Friendly Interface
- Certified to both CSA and ISA performance standards
- CSA-US approved for Class I, Division 1, Groups B, C, & D
- Transmitter design fits all existing Detcon Catalytic Bead Sensors dating back 20 years
- Simple menu driven calibration - less than 3 minutes
- LED display and LED indicators for FAULT and CAL status
- Plug-in field-replaceable transmitter
- Long sensor life expectancy: averaging longer than five years in harsh offshore drilling/production environments
- High resistance to poisons such as sulfides, chlorides, silicon-based contaminants etc.
- Low power consumption (less than 3.5 watts versus 8+ watts on competitive brands)
- Extensive Fault diagnostics
- Oil and Gas Drilling Rigs
- Oil and Gas Production Sites
- Offshore Production Platforms
- LNG/CNG Plants
- Refining and Petrochemical
- Pulp and Paper Mills
- Waste Water Treatment Plants