Detect a Catastrophic Ammonia Leak before you reach the Lower Explosion Level (LEL)
- Displays ammonia concentration in percent from 0 - 9.9
- 4-20 mA analog output scalable for 0 - 1%, 0 - 2%, or 0 - 10%
- Alarm disable mode: Disable alarms for testing, repair or calibration
- 3 latching relays capable of shutting down equipment
- Designed for catastrophic leak detection and response before you get to the lower explosion level (LEL)
The Cool Air Incorporated LBW-420-LEL Detector is a state-of-
the-art ammonia leak detector that detects and displays ammonia
concentrations of 0 to 9.9%. It comes equipped with a long-life
ammonia sensor that has a quick and accurate response to ammonia
The Cool Air Incorporated LBW-420-LEL has a fully isolated DC
to DC power supply, allowing the LBW-420-LEL to be powered
from the same DC supply as the 4-20 mA monitoring circuits
without concern for ground isolation.
The LBW-420-LEL requires a DC supply voltage between 18 and
36 volts DC.
The LBW-420-LEL can be configured to supply power to the 4-20
mA circuit(s) or can operate as a fully isolated 4-20 mA sensor.
Refer to 4–20 mA Analog Outputs for more details .
The Cool Air Incorporated LBW-420-LEL can be optionally
equipped with an AC to DC converter to allow operating the
detector with 100 to 240VAC input.
Once the detector senses ammonia at or above the ALARM set
point, the relays will activate and stay activated until a relay rest is
initiated (see “Resetting the Relays”)
All LBW-420-LEL’s come with these additional standard features:
- Programmable Alarm set point.
- Selectable Service Mode timeout.
- Range selectable 4-20 mA analog output signals, for ammonia
- Normally-open, normally-closed contacts for shutting down compressors and closing valves.
- A NEMA 4X, UL-listed enclosure.