GDS GASMAX II 3-Wire Gas Detector with local stainless steel sensor head configured Photoionization Detector for VOC with range 0-20 ppm (low VOC)/0-2000 ppm (high VOC), 4-20 mA output transmitter and Alarm Relay Board (3x 5A SPDT) and RS-485 Modbus RTU. Second channel with local stainless steel sensor head configured for Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) with range 0-20/0-100 ppm (included).
Part# with Options:
Price with Options:
Sensor Head (E-chem channel)
(1) Sensor Head for GDS GMII (non-reactive gases) 2
(2) Gas Range for GDS (0-50 to 0-500)
Sensor Head (Bridge/mA channel)
(3) Sensor Head for GDS GMII (non-reactive gases)
Sensor Type (Bridge/mA channel)
(4) Sensor Type for GDS GMII (PID)
(5) Output Options for GDS GMII
(6) Stainless Steel Enclosure for GDS
(7) Tag for GDS
(8) Remote JBox for GDS GasMax II
(9) MODBUS JBox for GDS GasMax II
(10) Duct Mount for GDS GasMax II (Channel 2)
(11) Cal Marker for GDS GASMAX II
(Specify Volatile Compound)
The GASMAX II PID Gas Monitor is a fixed point explosion-proof
gas transmitter utilizing a photoionization detector (PID) to detect small concentrations of volatile organic compounds (VOC) such as benzene, toluene, xylene and chlorinated hydrocarbons.
PID (Photo Ionization Detection) technology detects a wide variety of organic and
some inorganic gases in ambient air, generally low concentration of complex hydrocarbon
molecules; this allows an early warning for presence of these gases in concentrations
not seen by conventional LEL detectors.
The GASMAX II operates from 10 to 30 VDC and provides both 4-20mA analog and (optional) MODBUS® digital output. Calibrated engineering-units values are displayed on a large, backlit LCD. Standard features
include two level alarm setpoints, fault alarm, LED indicators, non-intrusive
calibration and a Smart Sensor interface for locally mounted sensors. Isolated 4-20mA output and alarm relays are available.
The PID Smart Sensor is available in two ranges, High Range (0-2000 ppm) and Low Range (0-20 ppm) that must be specified when ordering. The PID sensor is fitted with a replaceable 10.6 eV light source designed to ionize the most commonly found VOCs while at the same time remaining insensitive to changes in humidity, oxygen or CO2 levels. Any
compound with an ionization potential (IP) of 10.6 or less can be
detected with the GASMAX II / PID monitor.
In addition to dual 4-20mA current loop outputs, an RS-485 two-wire MODBUS® interface and three optional 5A relays are available to communicate with controllers or local alarm indicators.
Operator interface is via a menu-driven magnetic keypad, allowing
complete setup and calibration without hazardous area declassification.
The GASMAX II maintains a record of sensor calibration data that provides an estimate of sensor life remaining. During each post-calibration purge delay, the GASMAX II can be programmed to transmit this data on the 4-20mA output.
Locally connected Smart Sensors enhance this capability by maintaining their own electronic record of serial number,born-on date, initial calibration values, engineering units and other data, ensuring the most accurate measurement and alarming capability available today.
(Specify Volatile Compound)
- 0-20 ppm Isobutylene Equivalent (Low Range)
- 0-2000 ppm Isobutylene Equivalent (High Range)
- 0-20 ppm SO2
- 0-100 ppm SO2
- EC channel: Accepts signals from GDS Corp toxic / O2 sensors (included)
- Stainless Steel Enclosure
- ATEX Certified (not available with Aluminum sensor head)
- Wireless 900 MHz
- CSA Certified for explosion proof installations.
- Monitor both Toxic / O2 and LEL / VOC from single point.
- Standard dual 3-wire 4-20mA current source (optional output 3-wire with EC sensor).
- Non-intrusive one-person prompted calibration.
- Smart Sensors store calibration & alarm events.
- Real time clock tags alarm events.
- Aluminum sensor head available for reactive gases.
- Backlit display for better visibility in low light.
Sensor Head Options
- Local Stainless Steel - XP & IS
- Local Stainless Steel (with splash guard) - XP & IS
- Local Aluminum - IS ONLY
- Local Aluminum (with splash guard) - IS ONLY
- Remote Stainless Steel - XP & IS
- Remote Stainless Steel (with splash guard) - XP & IS
- Remote Aluminum - IS ONLY
- Remote Aluminum (w/ splash guard) - IS ONLY
- Remote sensor installations do not utilize Smart Sensor interface
- Maximum distance for remote e-chem sensor connection is 25ft (3m).
- Maximun distance for remote LEL sensor connection is 300 ft.
- Highly reactive gases REQUIRE aluminum sensor head and IS in
Operation and Maintenance Manual of the GasMax Detectors
Quick Start Guides for the GasMax-II: