Introducing the altair 2X gas detector from mSa; the first one or two gas detector
that incorporates industry-leading Xcell Sensor technology to deliver unparalleled
performance while drastically minimizing total cost of ownership, increasing durability
and delivering enhanced worker safety, compliance and traceability.
The altair 2X is also the first portable gas detector to introduce revolutionary Xcell
pulse technology. based on proven science and advanced patented sensor capabilities,
the altair 2Xp detector delivers the world’s first stand-alone bump test. this allows
a daily bump test to be performed without the need for calibration accessories or
specific calibration gas.
XCell® Pulse Technology
With our patented* Xcell pulse technology, we have created a simple and inexpensive approach to bump testing.
Years of scientific research, patented sensor interrogation technology and proprietary sensor response
methodologies have delivered the world’s first gas detector with a stand-alone bump test. Simply put; the use of
calibration accessories or bottled calibration gas is not required for bump testing the altair 2Xp gas detector.
How does it work? When the detector is turned on, it automatically begins an electronic pulse check that activates
the sensor catalyst and electrolyte interaction and makes minor corrections against prior calibration values. next the
user completes a flow check by exhaling toward the sensor inlet. an oxygen detector embedded in the sensor, that is
only active during the pulse and flow check, detects the drop in oxygen content of exhaled breath. if both of these
checks pass, the detector passes the bump test.
Lower Total Cost of Ownership
MSA’s industry leading technology combined with product durability means that the altair 2X gas detector provides a lower total cost of ownership than competitive instruments and will pay for itself quickly.
Like all mSa detectors, altair 2X is built for durability and designed for the work that is being completed.
Reduced costs and Expense
- Withstands extreme impacts with rugged polycarbonate housing and passes 25-foot drop test
- IP 67-rated altair 2X is both dust tight and water tight
- Minimal rF interference
- Full three-year warranty supports the entire instrument, including the sensors.
Xcell Sensor response and recovery time reduces the gas consumption
for calibration and gas bump tests (where applicable).
- Skip the gas line! – the stand-alone bump test on the altair 2Xp means that you will be spending more time doing the job and less time waiting in line or conducting bump tests. Spending less time at the bump station means less down time and more time producing!
- Faster bump tests, easy compliance and product reliability means you can get to work faster and safer!