Axel Semrau ® represents continuity and innovation in
odorant analysis. The ODOR handy plus is based on 30 years
of experience with hand-held measuring instruments for
odorant control in natural gas. It is equipped with an
electro-chemical sensor alternatively for the measurement
of the concentration of THT or of mercaptan in natural
gas and combines proven sensor technology with state
of the art device control.
Safe, fast and simple measurement of
THT or mercaptans!
Sturdy metal housing, selective sensors, clear menu
guidance with function keys, data memory, battery
charging station, ATEX approval – the new ODOR handy plus
captivates with state of the art technology and simple
The measuring gas is fed directly via a flexible hose
to the ODOR handy plus . Depending on the odorant, the
concentration of the odorant is displayed after just 1 to 2
minutes. The result can be read off directly in lbs/MMCF
(mg/m3). Other units of measurement can be set in the
software. The measured data are stored with details of
the measuring point, date and time as well as a note for
odor perception and can be retrieved at any time.
Apart from the measuring function, the ODOR handy plus can
perform continuous monitoring of the indoor air, e.g.
while working on odorising systems. Information such
as memory capacity, serial number, date or time can
be retrieved via the device software. Distinct and clear
menu guidance ensures, for example, that equilibration
times of the sensor are adhered to.
The new ODOR handy plus offers the following functions:
- Measuring function for THT or mercaptans – with
different electro-chemical sensors.
- Simple calibration function: The calibrations are
stored and the current ones are displayed before
each measurement. The detector sensitivity is
checked at each calibration.
- Continuous indoor monitoring function for odorant
with free entry of the maximum concentration as the
limit for the visual and acoustic alarm.
- Visual and acoustic alarm if limit values are ex-
- Automatic adherence to the necessary equilibration
times for the sensor.
- Simple electronic zero point setting.
- Clear four-line display, device software with modern
menu guidance, simple function keys and clear user
- Data memory for 9999 measuring points with auto-
matic storage of measured value, measuring point,
date, time and warning odor yes/no.
- USB interface on the charging station for fast, sim-
ple and safe data transmission to the PC.
- Battery charge indicator.
Odor Handy Plus Sampling from a natural gas pipeline
- Integrated H 2 S and dust trap
- ATEX approval
- Dimensions approx. 7.1 x 2.3 x 1.34 inch
(180 x 58 x 34 mm)
- Weight approx. 1 lb (450 g)
- Rechargeable NiMH battery pack 4.8 V
- Charging station 230 V, 115 V, 12 V connections
- Acoustic and visual alarms
- Calibration with gas
- Inlet pressure 8" H 2 O (0.3 psi/22 mbar) or
via rotameter up to 145 psi (10 bar)
- Measurement duration: 2-10 min, depending on model
- Four-line, illuminable LCD graphic display
- Operating temperature 14 °F to 104 °F
(-10 to +40 °C)
- Menu-guided programming
- Internal memory for 9999 measuring points
- Multi-language menu